Actress and Presenter Lucy Liu styled by Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte
The Look: Lucy demonstrated “perfect imperfection” because there is a slight messiness to balance her feminine Marie Antoinette inspired dress. Andy says that for braids, it's best to do it on 1-2 day old hair because it's easier to grip and create texture vs. clean hair.
Here’s how Andy created Lucy’s look:
1. First, dry hair was prepped with small amount of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier Style Primer.
2. Then, Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Hairspray was applied to create texture at the root and length of hair.
3. A deep side part was created, and the hair was french braided down each side of the head and the two braids merged at the bottom, slightly to the side so the braid hangs over the shoulder.
4. Placing one braid over the other, the ends of the hair were then flipped through the hole of the two braids.
5. Then, merge the two braids into one fishtail at the bottom, and use Wella Professionals Rugged Fix on the ends for a rugged texture.
6. Finish the look with Wella Professionals Stay Essential for a lasting, flexible hold.