Modern Family’s Julie Bowen styled by celebrity stylist Jill Crosby using Wella Professionals
The Look: Julie likes to feel comfortable and like herself when walking the red carpet, so Jill created a textured chignon knot that embodies her natural, yet modern style. Julie is wearing a one-shouldered gown, which balances this deconstructed hairstyle.
Here’s how Jill created Julie’s look:
1. Starting with wet hair, Jill worked in a quarter-sized amount of Wella Professionals Enrich Straight Leave In Cream focusing on the ends to infuse moisture and “bring hair back to life.”
2. Then rake through three pumps of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to prime the hair, leaving it a smooth texture, before blow drying with a large round brush. While blow drying, focus on adding volume and lifting the roots.
3. Once dry, she then sprayed Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray throughout and Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray at the roots for added lift and matte finish to achieve the deconstructed look.
4. Using a flat iron, she straightened pieces of the hair at her fringe and underneath the length of her hair near the nape of her neck. The interior of the hair was then back combed for added volume. Fringe is side-swept and secured in the front.
5. Hair was separated into two sections and then pulled toward the middle of the back of her head into a knotted chignon, then secured into place with pins hidden underneath the knot.
6. The look was finished with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray sprayed throughout to set the style.