a Rafflecopter giveaway
Beauty mavens, take note: your skincare routine should be shifting to transition from summer to fall, in more ways than one. With the arrival of the fall weather come a slew of complications for the skin, including changing temperatures, wind, and, of course, dry air. With skin becoming more sensitive, it is more likely to become irritated. Below, Mechele Wilson, licensed esthetician and skincare educator for the HydraFacial(TM), provides five ways to get your skin in glowing condition for the new season.
1. Exfoliate. Exfoliation is extremely important in this changing of seasons because it removes the dead, flaking, and dehydrated skin cells from summer. By breaking down this barrier, it allows your skin to absorb the nutrients from products you use on your face and helps your skin to stay hydrated.
2. Hydrate. With the cooler weather and harsher wind, your skin is more likely to become dehydrated since there is a depletion of water in its protective layers. Moisturizing is crucial for all skin types, even oily skin. A moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid and antioxidants is best to keep your skin hydrated during these cooler months.
3. Nurture. What you put in your body is just as important as what you put on your body when it comes to your skin’s health. Make sure to drink a lot of fluids (especially water) to keep your skin hydrated. Also, eat foods with Omega-3’s, Vitamin C, and antioxidants to keep your skin healthy from the inside out.
4. Protect. Even though the sun is not as harsh and hot, damaging UV rays are still present; wear sunscreen. Sunburns from UVB rays are still possible, and UVA rays, which cause sun damage, have the same intensity all year long.
5. Rejuvenate. Many suggest a deep cleaning facial is important at the beginning of a season. It will cover all of your needs: exfoliating dead skin, extracting impurities, and delivering vital antioxidants and nutrients to protect and hydrate skin. This leaves the skin extremely soft and supple.