As fans are counting down the minutes (ok, seconds!) to the New Moon premiere on 11/20, the Twilight cast was out in full force at the 2009 MTV VMA’s to give fans a sneak peak at the newest trailer, and tease us once again with their presence. Ashley Greene worked the red carpet as an MTV fashion correspondent, showing off her long, wavy locks styled by Pantene Celebrity Stylist, Danilo. To officially unveil the never-before-seen clips, Kristen Stewart rocked the stage with her edgy, yet classic short ‘do styled by Celebrity Stylist for Pantene, Hallie Bowman. Their bold looks and glam style reminded us – they were definitely not in Forks, WA anymore.
Here’s how Hallie created Kristen’s look:
1. Hallie started by shampooing and conditioning Kristen’s hair with a moisturizing formula to create a good base for styling
2. She began by cutting bangs to create roundness around the cheekbones, a look that is complimentary of her heart shape face
3. Hallie applied the Pantene Pro-V Volume Root Lifter Gel from root to tip to begin building volume, as well as the Pantene Pro-V Texture Spray Wax to make hair more malleable for styling
4. Then, she blow dried Kristen’s hair while brushing it away from the scalp, periodically flipping her hair over to ensure lots of volume at the crown
5. Hallie then pinned sections of her hair back with bobby pins to secure it away from the face, leaving some pieces around the face to give the illusion of a bob with bangs – a nod to the bowl cut, but with a modern feel
6. To polish off the look, Hallie used the Pantene Pro-V Smooth Serum to give Kristen’s hair long lasting shine for the night
Here’s how Danilo created Ashley’s look:
1. Starting on wet hair, Danilo sprayed the Pantene Pro-V Root Lifter Gel on her crown to prime her hair for a voluminous shape on top
2. Since Ashley was stationed outside on the red carpet, Danilo combed through the Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Frizz Control Ultra Smoothing Balm from the mid-shaft of her hair to the ends to keep it looking sleek and frizz-free despite the humidity
3. After applying the balm, Danilo blow-dried her hair straight
4. Danilo then pulled the top half of her hair back, using his classic French Lacing technique to give her healthy volume on top while leaving a dramatic side part for contrast
5. Then he used a large iron to create her loose flowing curls underneath, combing when necessary
6. To hold the look in place, Danilo sprayed her hair with the Pantene Pro-V Texture Hairspray for moveable texture while she worked the carpet
In addition to getting Ashley glammed for the awards, Pantene Celebrity Stylist, Danilo, created Pink’s stand-out rocker chic style, using the Pantene Pro-V Texture Hairspray to hold hair in a side swept look, perfect for the red carpet and her performance!